Tuesday, October 1, 2013

FALL DIY


COAT RACK
I'm sad to say that fall is just around the corner which means time for coats and sweaters. Boo.
However, that doesn't mean we can't have them looking rad in your home. Here's a great way to hang your fall outerwear while adding some zing at the same time.
 

Hooks on their own tend to look teeny tiny on the wall not to mention that, with the weight, they tend to pull out. By using a piece of barn board or reclaimed wood as backing you add structure and give your small hooks a presence now on your wall making it look like art.
I left these pieces unfinished for a vintage feel. For a modern look you can treat the board with resin or, for a more country cottage style, try white washing it.

Get creative,have fun!
xo
Desta

2 comments:

  1. I never comment on blogs, but I sought yours out because I LOVE your style. I watch you on Love It or List It.....you're adorable! Keep rockin' it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desta I absolutely love the home designs you create with Hillary on LIOLI. I never miss an episode! The show is so much fun because of the quirky dynamic between you, Hillary and David. The world needs more positive energy, so keep it coming! Keep up the great work. Hoping for many more new episodes of LIOLI, Mike.

    ReplyDelete